Important: Your Organization Needs to Make Change by Mar. 31st to avoid any interface outages
We are sharing critical information concerning the Healthix Transport Layer Support (TSL) which will no longer by supported by the following applications:
Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1
· Effective March 31, 2020, TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will no longer be supported by Google, Microsoft, Apple, and Mozilla
· Healthix takes security very seriously.
- TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are out-of-date protocols that do not support modern cryptographic algorithms, and they contain security vulnerabilities making it easy to be exploited by attackers.
- The vast majority of encrypted Internet traffic is now over TLS 1.2
Healthix will be discontinuing use of TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 on:
· March 24th at 11am – STAGE ENVIRONMENT ONLY Endpoint https://stage.healthix.org/
· March 31st at 11am – PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT Endpoint https://portal.healthix.org/
Participants Need To:
- Endpoints that are not able to negotiate a TLS 1.2 connection after this date will be unable to access the Healthix portal and dashboard.
- Confirm that any communications with Healthix via web browser or API clients have TLS1.2 enabled.
- In most cases, the client will automatically re-establish communications with Healthix servers leveraging the secure TLS1.2 protocol after making this change.
Possible Error Messages – Contact Healthix
· Received fatal alert: handshake failure
· HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable (When the TLS/SSL handshake failure occurs)