Skip to Content
POST-PANDEMIC SHIN-NY WAIVER POLICIES UPDATE
POST-PANDEMIC SHIN-NY WAIVER POLICIES
The following represents an update by NYeC on the status of NYSDOH Emergency Waivers, which changed in June. Healthix notified Participants and continues to provide alerts and vaccination data with patient consent.
- VA & DOD Access Without Consent: QEs shall revert back to the SHIN-NY Policies and Procedures that require written consent to access SHIN-NY data.
- COVID Test Results Without Consent: QEs may not release COVID test results without written consent as per the SHIN-NY Policies and Procedures.
- Telehealth and Verbal Consent: The SHIN-NY policies were changed to allow for ongoing acceptance of verbal consent for telehealth treatment services and may remain in place until the patient presents at the provider office at which time the provider is required to obtain written consent.
- Vaccination Data Without Consent: QEs may not release vaccination data without written consent as per the SHIN-NY Policies and Procedures.
- Additional Data Exchange with NYS DOH including Data Lake and ECLRS: An updated DUA is currently under review by NYS DOH legal. Under the updated DUA data exchange with NYS DOH that includes the Data Lake and ECLRS will continue in accordance with the allowable Public Health use as per the SHIN-NY Policies and Procedures.